Saturday, November 24, 2012

PLN - Reader's Advisory


Working the public service desk 20 hours a week, reader's advisory is important part of my job. To keep current with my reading recommendations I've developed  a fairly robust set of resources, including:
 
In the stacks - weekly newspaper article written by JPL staffer Kathy Ward
The ABC Book Reviews: A Beth and Cari Production- monthly podcast
Goodreads- see my current reading list on the sidebar
Literari Leigh - weekly book review blog post by the Readers Advisory Librarian at Kenton County Public Library (where I worked from 2008-2010).


AudioFile Magazine @AudioFileMag
Books OnTheKnob @BooksOnTheKnob
NoveListRA @NoveListRA


In addition, I look for opportunities to expand my personal reader's advisory knowledge base when selecting classes and working on class assignments. For example in my LIBR 202 class I wrote a paper comparing two major RA databases Novelist and Reader's Advisory Online. In my LIBR 281 class I wrote the Learning 2.0 Module for Goodreads.


1 comment: