Thursday, February 25, 2010

Online Photo Editing



I chose picnik because I already have flickr account. Picnik is really easy to use and I will use it again. I edited the picture just like would with any desktop application. I was pleasantly surprised by the number and variety of editing options. I’m not big on photo editing, mostly just red eye removal. For this exercise I added text to a picture, something that comes in handy when working on presentations and newsletters.

I chose picture2life because it can run on machines without flash installed. Uploading my picture was easy and I did not have to register which was plus. The user interface for adding text on picture2life had lot of options but not as intuitive as picnik. I couldn’t figure out if I could angle my text box. Still adding the text to picture only took a few minutes. Then was able to directly post the edit picture on my blog. Cool! To read another review of picture2life and see some effects in action click here



Kudos to the KCPL staff who put this lesson together . I learned a lot in a very few minutes. I would not have explored these photo editing websites on my own. The 24things class gave me just the push I needed.



To see the orginial pic and 2 edits next to each other visit my flickr photostream.

No comments:

Post a Comment