Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blog Post for LIB 203 or Yea! I’m Finally Starting Grad School



This month I start my graduate student studies. I’m attending San Jose State University (SJSU) School of Library and Information Science (SLIS). I’m working towards my Masters of Library and Information Science (MLIS). This fall I’m taking two classes LIB 203 which is a 1 credit introduction to the program and LIB 200 which is a core course that includes a term paper.

I’ve been thinking a lot about writing the term paper. I’ve talked to family and co-workers regarding the paper and the process of writing one. I’ve also been reading the posts on the yahoo group for SLIS students (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sjsumlis/).

To help with citations and keeping track of research a couple of tools have been recommended -
Zotero http://www.zotero.org/

Blog readers I want your input! If you used Evernote or Zotero, please leave a comment and share your experience with me and other readers. Was the software easy to use? Did intergate well with your web browser and Mircsoft Office? In general was it a time saver?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ginny,

    Here's another free research helper to add to your list. I just heard of it because I work at Barnes & Noble! Have not had time yet to explore it but seems to have good features if you are planning on downloading and citing from textbooks/ebooks. URL: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookstudy/index.asp?cds2Pid=34629

    Dominique from LIB203

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dominique,

    Thanks for the link, I will check it out! Ginny

    ReplyDelete