Saturday, March 6, 2010

Week 8 - Google and Other Search Engines

This blog post in reply to the assignment and questions for KCPL’s 24things class.

Overall I’m a Google kind of gal. Using the blind search, I searched for “dragon age”. My first selection was Google, for this search Yahoo came in a close second. Next I searched for “twitters 10 billion tweets”. Google was the clear winner. Third I searched for “good Friday 2010” I was surprised. Bing was the clear winner for that search.

The video seemed a little short on Google tips and really didn’t find out anything new about Google. For yahoo, I leaned you could send an email from the search box and for Bing I learned how to quickly find a company’s customer service phone number.

Post for the Google features part of the assignment- I use Google news search and Google news alters.

Post for the Wolfram-Alpha- The things it covers it does really well, I typed in geese and got very little information
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=geese

No comments:

Post a Comment